Pumpco Energy Services offers hydraulic fracturing in some of North America's largest resource plays. With fit-for-purpose equipment, staff expertise and a focus on safe operations and outstanding customer service, Pumpco is a leading provider of pressure pumping in today's horizontal shale market.
Pumpco Energy Services is currently looking for a Frac Field Engineer II for our West Texas Operations
To support operations, engineering, and sales effort at the organization unit location. Focuses on all service lines and assists the location technical manager or engineer in the engineering efforts of the district. Problem solving, design knowledge and process analysis are key elements.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the efficient use of resources, equipment, and job execution, at the well site
- Consult with customers and the Pumpco Energy Services sales team regarding all programs, well treatments, and laboratory testing, while making recommendations based on available job criteria and previous performance
- Perform on-site Quality Control while providing oversight of fluid technicians
- Collaborate with customer engineers to analyze well conditions and job requirements
- Liaise with all departments, including operations, by making phone calls and sending e-mails to discuss on/off the job issues
- Program and design effective cost-effective stimulation treatments (fluids) for each job
- Develop and compose proposals for customers
- Implement best practice on field operational equipment
- Attend all project team and technical review meetings at the district level
- Maintain good knowledge of oilfield chemistry
- Stay current with industry technical advancements and developments, through participation in professional societies such as API and SPE, as well as attending sales, technical and safety meetings.
- Provide leading support in the respective district
- Develop posted job reports for all related positions and make available to all internal Pumpco Energy Services contacts.
- Assist the development of Engineers in Training
- Present fluid recommendations to coordinators, technical services, and sales departments as required
- Create lab requests as required
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations
- Communicate and implement quality and standard operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge of operations, products, company policies, and government regulations
- Knowledge of Fracpro or related software
- Field engineer will have the understanding of fracturing fluids and chemistry
- Ability to design stimulation treatments and perform on-site quality control and analysis
- Ability to perform technical sales and work with Pumpco Energy Services’ customers to troubleshoot and improve stimulation treatment jobs
- Admirable interpersonal skills conveyed in a pleasant and professional manner when interacting with employees, management, and customers
- Sound analytical and interpretational skills
- Skilled in applying problem-solving techniques to complications that may arise.
- Skilled in supervision while exhibiting motivation, coaching, delegation, and training
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities with tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, at a fast pace, and produce quality work
- Ability to be organized and follow a systematic method of performing a task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office desktop applications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or related Science or Engineering Degrees accepted
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an oilfield Engineer/Programmer
- Minimum six months of field training as an operator
- OSHA/GHS Training
- DOT (49CFR) Training
- H2S Alive
- Advanced Frac Course
Physical Job Demands:
- Exposure to weather – Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather
- Atmospheric Conditions – Exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, and gases
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when applicable
- Required to travel to job sites for a week or more at a time in a designated area.
- Must be able to work long periods of time, including nights and weekends
- Must have efficient eye-hand coordination
- Must be able to perform physical labor involved frequent lifting (over 50lbs.), carrying, bending, and shoveling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.